Just as the technology and medicine research is always changing and developing further, so too is the parenting research. The more we can discover about being good parents, the better. As a grandparent, it might be helpful to stay up to date on the parenting practices your children are implementing. Below are some resources to help. Click on one to get started.
Transitioning from preschool to kindergarten can be a stressful job for children. There are some things your grandkids should know and do to be ready to make the transition. You can help them! Throughout the process, remember the guiding principles from Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards:
1. Each child is unique.
2. Relationships matter.
3. Play is important to learning.
4. Areas of learning and development are integrated.
5. Children learn best with a whole-child approach.
6. Development and learning are deeply rooted in family, home, early learning programs, and community.
7. Children develop on a continuum.
8. Each child has the right to equitable learning opportunities.